The Franciscan Center has a 47-year history of serving the financially disenfranchised, the sick and those most in need. During our last fiscal year, we:
- Served 102,395 hot, nutritious meals.
- Distributed 6,424 bags of groceries to clients.
- Provided 63,240 articles of clothing to men, women, and children.
- Outfitted 159 men in professional clothing through ‘Attire 4 Hire‘ program
- Assisted 259 individuals and families from either having their gas and electric shut off or in getting service restored.
- Prevented 217 individuals and families from being evicted.
- Helped 99 people receive life sustaining medical prescriptions that they would not otherwise been able to afford.
- Helped 454 people obtain their state issued birth certificates and 399 individuals acquire their MVA issued identification cards.
- Assisted individuals with 529 tokens for transportation to and from medical appointments, job interviews, the first week or two of a new job, and home from the Center with bags of groceries from the Center’s pantry.
- The Center’s Technical Resource Center is equipped with 14 computers and was accessed by clients 3,418 times for various reasons related to professional development.
- 314 individuals received their mail at the Center.
- Provided 751 counseling-only sessions to clients.
* Because of the circumstances of many we serve, these numbers represent services provided rather than a count of unique individuals served.